As of March 20th, 2021, the Spring Season is officially upon is! Are you ready for the necessary landscaping changes/improvements that comes with warmer weather?
Whether one is living in a residential home, or managing a multi-unit apartment building, the following items should always be addressed as we start to see that Winter snow melting away (Render, 2021):
- Gutter Cleanup and ridding downspouts of accumulated debris.
- Be Cool and check on your A/C system!
- Seal It Up! Have your windows and screens taken any damage from the changing temperatures?
- Prep Your Lawn/Garden. Tree trimming, pruning shrubs, or simply adding fertilizer are all examples of simple ways to care for your lawn even before the start of the new season.
Through years of Multifamily Apartment Management experience, AFI has developed a robust understanding of which seasonal landscaping items are most important to tend to right away. However, for new homeowners or overwhelmed operators, appropriately prioritizing a multitude of tasks can be a challenging endeavor.
The team at Landscape Management provides some helpful tips for getting started with Spring Landscaping this season (Herrick, 2021):
- Step One – Cleanup: Before looking to “beautify” or improve on a specific area, one must first clear out any existing debris or loose foliage that may have scattered from the Winter.
- Step Two – Keep Equipment Ready: Anyone that has lived in Missouri knows that the seasons can change in an instant. Keep cleanup equipment ready to go for prompt remediation following any one-off winter events that may occur later than expected.
- Step Three – Prioritize Edging: Properly edging a freshly cleaned planter bed is a great way to immediately improve the curb appeal and give the property a nice, clean appearance.
- Step Four – Keep Plants Growing: Pruning allows for existing plants to sprout new leaves that can provide fresh foliage all year long. Do not forget or be afraid to trim away!
Any of the items above can be completed through the utilization of an experienced landscaping company, or individually with the right equipment. Finding the right solution for your property can make this Spring the most beautiful yet!
Herrick, Christina. “Spring into action: How to start the season strong.” www.landscapemanagement.net, Landscape Management, 19 Feb. 2021, www.landscapemanagement.net/spring-into-action-how-to-start-the-season-strong/2/.
Render, Jessica. “7 tips to get your home ready for spring.” www.consumeraffairs.com, Consumer Affairs, 5 Mar. 2021, www.consumeraffairs.com/news/7-tips-to-get-your-home-ready-for-spring-030521.html.